Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My kitchen has seen better days

This just happened!!
I took a casserole out of the oven, put it on the stove top, and BOOM! Glass and mozzarella cheese everywhere!!! Something must have been up with the temperature on the stove, or there might have already been a crack in the glass dish. Either way, I decided I needed a little blogging therapy after cleaning up that mess.

Time to think about the happier times I've had in my kitchen. Say, for instance, this Valentine's Day.

This is my boyfriend, Pat. Isn't he cute? :)

We decided that because this is our first Valentine's Day together, we would go all out and have an over-the-top cheesy cute Valentine's weekend together. He gave in to my request of dressing up and going to a fancy restaurant for dinner, and I made cutesy Valentine's themed food the rest of the weekend, such as....

Valentine's Day Pizza!

It's pretty simple to make, just cut out heart shapes out of pepperoni slices. Put the pepperoni scraps and the other toppings under the cheese so that you only see the cute hearts on top.

Don't tell me that's not the most adorable thing you've ever seen in your life! It's super cheesy in more ways than one, which was what we were going for.

Next up, Valentine's Day themed breakfast.
It's got red fruit in it, it's got chocolate.... that's Valentine's Day-ish enough for me! p.s.- Look how beautiful and un-broken that glass dish is. *sigh*

Strawberry Banana Chocolate Oatmeal Bake
1 1/2 cups frozen sliced strawberries
2 ripe bananas, sliced
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups milk
1 egg, beaten
1 tbs unsalted butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 dark chocolate chips

Grease pan and arrange half of each fruit at the bottom of the pan.
Then mix together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Put the dry ingredients on top of the fruit layer. My assistant then added the remaining fruit along with the chocolate chips to the pan.
Combine all of the wet ingredients in a small bowl. I used my homemade vanilla extract for this recipe. Check out my first blog to see how I made that!
Pour the wet stuff over the dry stuff.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Look at the steam coming from this oatmeal. Mmm, delicious!
What did my Valentine get me, you ask? I got flowers, chocolate, dinner, typical... buuuut we also made a nutella-flavored beer together on Valentine's Day night. How romantic! I'm seriously the only girl that a guy could get away with doing that on Valentine's Day, and Pat knows it :)

I got him an awesome letterpressed card. It's homemade.... just not made by me, haha. I found it on etsy:

You're a "hottie," get it?! Inside joke of how much we love sriracha sauce. One day, my letterpress skills will be good enough so that I can do awesome cards like this. But for now, that's why there is etsy.

All of glass is cleaned up, I think I've got all of the mozzarella and pizza sauce off the floor. It's time to forget this whole glass-explosion thing ever happened :)

No comments:

Post a Comment