Wednesday, February 8, 2012

DIY All-Purpose Cleaner

I love homemade cleaning supplies! They're fun to make, they're cheap, and they smell alot better than the chemical stuff. First up, I'll show you how I made my own all-purpose cleaner.

This is everything you'll need. I used an empty all-purpose bottle that I had just finished up, but you can use any empty bottle you've got. Measure out the hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, castile soap, and essential oils, then funnel them into the empty bottle. Shake it up, and you're ready to start cleaning!
I recommend using tea tree oil for this particular mixture because it's a natural disinfectant. The two oils, peppermint and lavender, are purely for good-smelling purposes only. use whatever oils you would like!
This is castile soap. It can be used for many, many, many DIY purposes. Dr. Bronner's unscented castile soap is the best. As long as you don't mind the crazy (and I mean crazy!) religious talk on the label, it's the way to go. You can find it online or in specialty health food stores. I've heard that dishwashing soap can be substituted for the castile soap, but I haven't tried that yet.

DIY All-Purpose Cleaner
2T vinegar
2t baking soda
~10 drops tea tree oil
~10 drops other essential oils (such as lavender or peppermint)
~14 oz hot water (enough to fill your spray bottle)
2T castile soap

First add vinegar, baking soda, and the oils (you will hear the baking soda fizz a little). Then add the hot water to the spray bottle and shake well. Add the castile soap and shake again. Then.... clean something! :)

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment